Thursday, May 22, 2014

Monsters


At midnight the thunder woke me. Because of the darkness, I don’t dare to stand and look around. Currently I’m bedridden with two broken legs, it’s not very ideal. Darkness wrapped around me like some kind of blanket, it’s impossible to even see my hand in front of my face. Everything was lit for a moment when lightning flashed outside of my window. Frankly, I wish that didn’t happen. Gigantic creatures, maybe seven feet tall surrounded me. Horrible faces with long teeth and huge, yellow eyes with tiny pupils. I don’t think I’ll make it through the night. Just now, the thought came to me, how long have they been there? Killer monsters might’ve been standing around me all night and I didn’t even know it. Looking at me, probably planning the most horrible way to kill me, I need to get out of here. Maybe I can make it if I dive out of bed; I think I’m strong enough to get out. No, how stupid could I be? Of everyone I know, I have the least upper body strength. Plus, even if I did crawl there’s no way anyone would be fast enough. Quick, I’ve got to think of something, who knows how long they’ll just stand there? Running is out of the question. Should I try and fight them? They probably have long claws to match their teeth… Under my bed, there’s a bat! Very quietly I reached down under the bed and grab the bat. When they get close I’ll give what for, they’ll learn not to mess with me.

                Xerox copies came through the copy machine as a police officer picked the paper’s up. “You’ve got to see this Mikey,” the officer said passing the papers.

                “Zamora, Aaron. Convicted of first degree murder, assault and battery and assaulting an officer of the law; ‘He killed his roommate when he checked in on him, beat him to death with a bat exclaiming monsters were after him,’ he’s definitely going in the loony bin.”

No comments: