Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Her Palm

I’m starting to get clammy as he tells her he loves her. He clenches me as he leans in for a kiss. He puts me up to cradle her head. Her brown hair is as soft as her skin. I’m beginning to get lost in the gentle curve of her neck. The two of them kiss and pull away. They both reach down and I’m taken from her head to her hand as I share a kiss with her palm. I can’t see it, but I know he’s smiling, because when he smiles, I blush too. I savor my kiss with her palm, it’s warm and dark, but comforting. All of us start walking, hopefully, home, so I can feel more of this beautiful person.


This is a flash fiction story. I recently purchased a book called: 642 Things to Write About. It's an interesting book to say the least. It's easily one of my favorite things ever and I'm definately going to continue writing with it. The prompt for this one was: Write a love scene from the point of view of your hands. I hope I got that message across.